Thursday 28 August 2014

Day 6 - 27th August 2014 - Radcot to Chimney Meadow NNR

After a break of almost 9 months I’m back hiking The Thames Path. Not hiking in the winter was a consequence of the severe flooding of the Thames - and many other areas in England. But once spring was here and the river banks had dried out I was distracted by other things. After my first day back it feels almost as if there hasn’t been a break. The stretch I’m on at present isn’t exactly the most inspirational - photographically, or anything else for that matter. It’s mile after mile of wide open fields through which The Thames meanders and whose river banks are overrun by Himalayan Balsam. Add to that the overcast weather made a less than inspiring return. However, I did enjoy the 10 mile hike but struggled to find anything that really grabbed my imagination. Hoping not to draw a blank, I did manage two or three photographs that just about make it.

Thrashing Willows
Rushey Weir
Sycamore Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment