Saturday 6 September 2014

Day 7 - 5th September 2014 - Chimney Meadow NNR to Newbridge

Another good day hiking but after my previous day this one provided me with a few more images to work on. The day once more was overcast with an even grey sky and almost no breeze. Not much use for landscape vistas with big skies, but ideal for closer more intimate images with the absence of harsh shadows. Butterflies are now almost always shown in full colour so my monochrome Comma harks back to older times when all wildlife photography was in black and white.

I met and hiked for part of the way with Tim and Jean from Olympia on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. They are on a 15 day hike for the whole of the Thames Path. The coincidence is that in May this year I traveled and photographed all round the peninsula, their home territory. My photographs from the trip are linked here on my website.

The Old Bridge at Newbridge
Comma
Shifford Lock Footbridge
Cow Parsley
Fungi on Dead Poplar

No comments:

Post a Comment