Friday 20 February 2015

Day 19 - 18th February 2015 - Hurley to Cookham

In contrast with some recent days on 'The Path' today was blazing sun all day. The occasional rare cloud relieved the unaccustomed dazzle for a minute or so just a few times only through the day. But, for the first time whilst hiking The Thames Path there was a cloud worthy of including in my portfolio. It occurred at the end of the hike, just minutes from getting back to my car. It's included in the images from today's hike. I overheard a lady walking with her young daughter say of the cloud - "it's a dragon"! I'm an occasional contributor of cloud photographs to The Cloud Appreciation Society and sent this one in to them this afternoon. I just took a look at the website and it seems as though it will appear there shortly in their photo gallery. I suspected that my day's efforts would yield little to satisfy me but on working through my output in Lightroom and Photoshop I turned in a few that I am pleased with. And this time I've included a "Symmetrograph". This is a symmetrical image derived from a photograph (symmetrical photograph) through multiple manipulations to create what is usually a complex pattern. This one is actually from a hike a week or two ago. A Symmetrograph (my coining) has absolutely no significance, except that I enjoy making them. A few years ago I produced a (Blurb) book devoted to them - linked here. I may try to produce one from an image on each of my remaining hikes.

Click on any image to see full size views of the day's set of images.
Dragon Cloud
Symmetrograph
Hurley Footbridge
Zebra Bridge
Marlow Chimneys
Hurley Weir
Support

No comments:

Post a Comment