Friday 21 August 2015

Day 30 - 17th August 2015 - Tower Bridge to The Thames Barrier (one way) - THE END

My final day Photohiking The Thames Path was most enjoyable and was dotted with a few photographs that please me. And it was with mixed feelings of satisfaction and relief to have now completed the project I started 23 months previously. I started hiking around midday at Tower Bridge getting to the end at The Barrier at around 5:30. I then treated myself to a ride on a Thames Clipper to Westminster - to see at least a short part of the Thames from mid stream rather than the embankments - where I met my son (who works in London) for a meal. A good day all round.

I’ll make one final post here in a week or two in which I’ll reflect on what I’ve done, on what I’ve achieved, and what I might do for my next photographic project - besides the one or two that are already in progress.


Click on any image to see full size views of the day's set of images. 
Steve Gledhill 
My website is at www.virtuallygrey.co.uk 
My photoblog is at www.virtuallygrey.blogspot.co.uk 
My now complete Cotswold Way photo-hiking blog is at www.thecotswoldway.blogspot.co.uk 
On Twitter - my photography - nothing more - @virtuallygrey

Start of the last day ...
Shard
Shard and Tower Bridge
Lock Controls
Cutty Sark on exit from Greenwich Foot Tunnel
Cutty Sark and Reflected Southern Greenwich Foot Tunnel Exit Dome
Derelict Crowley's Wharf
The Thames Barrier - The End - I
The Thames Barrier - The End - II

No comments:

Post a Comment